Once again, Instagram beauty babes have created some serious hype for peel off lip tints/stains. After watching a video by @youngcouture_, I was mesmerized and knew I had to check ’em out. I love me a good lip tint. I mean, pigment without any actual product that is long lasting and doesn’t fade…sign me up! But finding one that actually stains your lips is not easy to come by.
I decided to try out the Korean brand, Oops My Lip Tint ($15, but they’re always on sale). They offer 8 colors, but for now, I only ordered 2 colors: Pure Pink and Lovely Peach. I purchased them from Memebox.com which is an online store that offers popular Korean (a.k.a. K-Pop) beauty products. You have to check them out! They did a great job at laying out all the information that you want to know about the lip stain (ingredients, swatches, how to use, tips & recommendations) as well as a video tutorial. The best part is that satisfaction is guaranteed within the first 101 days of receipt of any product.
Here are the color options:
Experience a vivid pop of color onto your lips that lasts the entire day (over 12 hours) – No smudging, waterproof, and transfer-free despite eating, drinking or even kissing!
How to Use
- You want to apply the tint to clean lips. Make sure your lips aren’t dry; exfoliate if necessary.
- Apply generously within the lines of the lips; avoid the lip line.
- Allow it to dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently peel off the tint starting from the edges of your lips.
- Apply lip moisturizer or gloss for shine.
As you can see, Lovely Peach (the bottom swatch) is not peach at all; it’s actually a bright orange. I personally didn’t like this shade on my skin tone.
I wanted you guys to see what color my lips are, as well as how much of the lip tint I applied. I used the color, Pure Pink, and for some reason it looks orange, unlike how it appeared in person.
After peeling off the lip tint, this is the color that remained on my lips. Obviously, it’s so much more pigmented on my lips than in the picture provided by the brand.
Talk about low maintenance…I’m hooked! The stain is very pigmented, doesn’t transfer, smudge, or appear streaky. I think this is an awesome product for those who don’t want to fuss over reapplying or touching up lip products. Or you can use it as a safety net and wear it under your favorite lipstick in a similar shade. And it’s also perfect for beach vacations when you want to maintain your glam self, but are limited to products that will remain after various activities as well as getting in and out of the water.
It’s also fortified with nourishing ingredients for your lips, such as:
- Deep sea water (moisturizing)
- Hydrolyzed collagen (for firm and smooth skin)
- Papaya extract (exfoliation and skin texture care)
- Royal jelly extract (skin soothing, prevents loss of resilience)
For a full ingredient list, click here.
- Avoid touching or rubbing your lips together during the drying process.
- Reapply if you feel that the color is too weak.
- Be patient, it may take longer than 5-10 minutes to dry.
- Apply lip balm throughout the day to keep lips moisturized.
- It doesn’t necessarily last for 12 hours; the lasting power depends on the state of your lips when you apply the product. Make sure they are moisturized but not oily or wet. You want your moisturizer to be completely absorbed into the skin.
- The final colors vary based on the color of your natural lips, drying time, and amount applied. So a little trial and error is required on your part.
- If you find that the lip tint is difficult to remove, they sell a lip tint cleanser. But you may like the appearance of the tint as it fades, I did!
My main issue is that the lip tint is too tacky and dries fast, making it a bit challenging to work with. The trick is to squeeze out a lot of product at a time and move fast, this isn’s the time to be conservative. Start with your top lip, applying on one side at a time; repeat the same on your bottom lip. Once you apply an even layer on, you’re good to go. As I stated above, remember to apply it to clean lips without any trace of moisturizer or lip balm, otherwise, it will most likely fade in the middle of your lips after a meal. It may take the first couple of times you wear it to figure out what works for you.
What do you think?
Do you feel compelled to try it out? I want to hear back from you, so please let me know what you think. And if you don’t already, follow me on Instagram – I share quick tips and my favorite products! xo Sarah