SHOP THE LOOK
Leggings…You either live for them or you want nothing to do with them, but you may fall for the newest legging trend: Stirrup leggings. They’re no longer reserved for dance class or horseback riding but can add a chic twist to your everyday outfit. I’ve had them on my radar for some time because I LOVE the look of wearing the stirrup over a pointed pump or short bootie. It’s not always so easy finding the right pair of leggings, the fabric and fit have to be perfect or it’s just so wrong.
I love this pair that I found at Zara a few weeks ago…they’re high-waisted, thick, and have a slimming effect because of the side stripes. The fabric also holds everything in place and nips and tucks where necessary, TYSM.
HOW TO STYLE STIRRUP LEGGINGS (actually all leggings okur)
- Blazer: You can wear it as a top like I did or unbuttoned with any top of your choice…even a crop top but only if you don’t plan on taking the jacket off. Exception: Your legging is more like a pant then you can style it any way you please
- Oversized chunky knit
- Embroidered collared shirt
- Layered look with a sweater and collared top underneath
- Lace bodysuit with an oversized bomber or trench
WHAT TO LOOK FO WHEN BUYING STIRRUP LEGGINGS:
- Must be an opaque fabric – Think equestrian riding pants, not your everyday thin cotton leggings. You do not want them to be see-through at all. Test them by bending your knee and check to see if you see skin.
- High-waisted – I find that medium rise leggings tend to cut into the skin and create muffin top so unless you’re rail thin, I’d stick to high rise
- Make sure the stirrup isn’t too long and fits nicely on your foot. You also don’t want it to pull down on your pants.
- If you’re looking for a slimming effect, choose a pair with a side stripe like the ones I have on. It’s magical!
Now that you know what to look for, here are some of my current faves…
SHOP STIRRUP LEGGINGS
As always, thanks for stopping by! And please follow me on Instagram if you’re not already: @sarah_najafi Love you guys! xx Sarah