I recently was lucky enough to have, Dell Ashley, Yves Saint Laurent’s National Director of Artistry demonstrate how to use the award-winning YSL Touch Eclat Radiant Touch highlighter pen (sephora.com, $42). This little gold pen really brightens your face and radiates light. But don’t confuse it with concealer! Highlighters are meant to brighten areas of the face, not conceal imperfections. These pens are also a great option for those who want to highlight their face without using products with shimmer.
Where to apply – Use wherever you would like to bring light to the face.
Here are some tips:
- Under the eyes in an upside-down triangle after you’ve applied concealer to lift and brighten your eyes.
- Above arch of eyebrows and on the brow bone to help lift your eyes.
- To the inner corner of your eyes to brighten your eyes. This trick is perfect if you have close set eyes to give the illusion that they are farther apart.
- In between the lower forehead, and blend or feather out to draw light to your face.
- Along the bridge of your nose in a vertical line to create a slimmer appearance.
- On cheekbones to brighten the face and give the illusion of higher cheekbones.
- Along laugh lines to give a smoother appearance.
- On Cupid’s bow to bring focus to your lips. I especially love this trick because it makes your lips look fuller.
- In the hollow of the chin to make your lips appear fuller.
TIP: Remember to set the highlighter with a translucent powder so it stays put.
I have the highlighter magic on video! You will see the before and after and how much brighter and radiant my skin looks. Dell applied it hours after I had applied my makeup, and it’s incredible how it freshened up my face! It’s kind of loud, but pay close attention, Dell explains the many uses of the pen perfectly. Happy Highlighting! xx Sarah